Note: This is the second of a two-part series. Click here for part one
Here are questions designed to assist you in getting to know yourself better. I urge you to do this exercise in writing, because you’ll forget your answers if you don’t write them down. After you’ve answered a question, challenge yourself to give a second and third answer to the same question, so you wind up writing down as many answers to each question as you can:
- What do you want to change about yourself? What stops you from doing it?
- What have you accomplished in the last 5 years?
- What are your biggest accomplishments in your life?
- How do you think you come across to other people? How do they see you?
- What do you like about your home or where you live? What about it expresses you?
- If you could talk to your future self of 20 years from now, what would s/he say to you?
- What are you afraid of? What are you afraid will happen?
- What or whom do you miss?
- What kind of person makes you feel inadequate, or that you don’t measure up?
- How could you enjoy your life more?
- How have your failures turned into lessons or blessings?
- Describe the silver linings in your losses or major life changes.
- Do you think of yourself as lovable? Do you love yourself? What do you think others love about you?
- What do you look forward to?
- If you could advise your child self, what would you tell him/her?
- What thoughts repeat themselves over and over again in your mind? What do you think they say about you?
- What emotions repetitively occur again and again for you?
- What do you find most challenging in your life?
- When have you been courageous? When have you shown backbone?
- When have you been resilient? How do you get through adversity?
- What are your most important priorities?
- What are you grateful for?
Has your relationship turned cold and distant? Neil’s book Love, Sex, and Staying Warm can help you rekindle your passion.Get My Book Today →