Marriage Counseling / Couples Therapy
I’m a marriage counselor. I view my job as fighting for your relationship, unless you ask me not to. Typically, I do that by encouraging each of you to bring issues that are in your way and that need to be resolved. I will facilitate the two of you in solving every issue we can, and I will teach you what I’m doing so the two of you will eventually have the skills to do it on your own.
I will, in addition, attempt to help the two of you in reconnecting with each other more effectively. And if your communication skills need assistance, I will offer that assistance as well.
If you have other issues you want my help with, please let me know.
I offer short-term, solution-oriented couples counseling. I work with couples and individuals, by phone or in person (offices in Boulder and Westminster, serving the Denver area).
Here are some of the issues I cover in a marriage counseling or couples therapy session:
- Why has our relationship turned cold and distant, and what can we do about it?
- Communication problems
- Getting your needs met
- Being heard
- Should I stay or should I leave?
- How to jump-start or add spark to your love life.
- Recreating romance
- Evaluating a potential partner
- Am I choosing the wrong people to give my heart to?
- How do I spot a narcissist?
- Disconnection and withdrawal
- Deepening a relationship
- Betrayal and the loss of trust
- Solving disagreements, hurt feelings or conflicting priorities
- Low self-esteem
- Childhood abuse
- Being hard on myself
- Making peace with the past
- Breaking up, loss, closure and grieving
- Why is it so hard to find a new love?
- How do I jump-start myself?