This is a preview. The full article appears in Neil's book: Love, Sex and Staying Warm: Creating a Vital Relationship
Note: This is the first of a three-part series.
Below are questions designed to help you discover how comfortable you are in receiving love. Rank each item with S for “sometimes,” O for “often,” or R for “rarely” or N for “never.”
- ___ Do you feel uncomfortable when somebody brags about you?
- ___ Do you feel negative toward someone else who is bragged about?
- ___ Do you get gifts and then feel obligated?
- ___ Do you devalue the gifts others give you?
- ___ Do you deflect compliments when you get them?
- ___ Do you ask for something, get it, and then find something wrong with it?
- ___ Do you find yourself mainly remembering only the “bad times”?
- ___ Does it seem to you that no one wants you to have what you want?
- ___ Do you say “I want you to offer it,” and when your partner does, you say your partner offered it only because you asked for it?
- ___ Do you feel uncomfortable when another person is getting all the attention?
- ___ Do you feel like “nothing is ever good enough”?
- ___ Do you feel uncomfortable wanting things for yourself?
- ___ Do you say you don’t want it then complain about not getting it?
- ___ Do you see everyone else as having what they want?
- ___ Do you have trouble accepting other’s positive evaluations of your worth and your ability?
- ___ Do you feel uncomfortable giving something to yourself?
Has your relationship turned cold and distant? Neil’s book Love, Sex, and Staying Warm can help you rekindle your passion.Get My Book Today →